Demanding terrain course
From Kurpark, the road (approx. 150 m) rises slightly to the summer bobsleigh track. When you reach the junction of the pedestrian and cycle path, turn left and then right at the next opportunity (around "Rodelklause"). You are now on the Alten Zaunhäuser Weg, which you will follow for about 1.8 km. There is an educational trail around the road, which provides information on typical local forests, among other things. Turn right onto the I-Flügel road and continue for about 1 km to Schneise 30 - here turn right and after 500 m you have reached your destination. Your efforts will be rewarded with a wonderful view of the surroundings (with good visibility up to Dresden and the Giant Mountains).
Döner Saray Altenberg
Bäckerei Braun Altenberg bakery
Waldschänke Altes Raupennest
Rest StopWaldschänke "Altes Raupennest"
Saray Döner Altenberg
Tips and hintsClassic terrain treatment is a special form of spa movement therapy. It is characterized by adequate intensity, full body workout in the fresh mountain air and nature. It is performed by normal or faster walking. Terrain therapy normalizes the vegetative functions of the organism: the cardiovascular system works more efficiently, breathing is stimulated, muscles and joints are strengthened and the whole metabolism is positively affected.
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentSturdy shoes, rain protection, snack, evt. binoculars.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.