Demanding terrain path
The TK 10 route begins behind the complex of buildings of the Rehabilitation Clinic Raupennest. Keep right towards the city center / sports field. After the wooden bridge, turn right onto the trail. A short section of the road will be accompanied by a small stream (Tiefenbach). After 150 m you will reach Rehefelder Straße, which you will cross and continue left towards the city (sign "Bergbaumuseum"). After the bridge on Rehefelder Straße, turn right onto the trail and cycle path that runs around the Kneipp pedal bath. Follow this trail straight on until you reach the Sonnenhofweg. Here, keep right and immediately after a few meters turn left again. Follow this road for about 600 m until you reach a mountain road, turn right along a narrow path that leads you to the Sonnenhof (left). Follow the signs to "Waldschänke Altes Raupennest" / TK 10. When you reach Bergeshöhe (you can also see the top station of the ski lift here), continue on the trail to the left, cross the Alte Zaunhäuser Weg and continue straight onto the Flemmingweg. Keep right here and after a few steps you will reach a rest area with an information board. Follow the path along the moat (Quergraben). After about 200 m you will reach Rehefelder Str. And you have already reached your destination.
Caféteria in der Rehaklinik Raupennest
Waldschänke Altes Raupennest Altenberg
Waldschänke "Altes Raupennest"
Bathing and sauna complex Raupennest
Tips and hintsClassic terrain treatment is a special form of spa movement therapy. It is characterized by adequate intensity, full body workout in the fresh mountain air and nature. It is performed by normal or faster walking. Terrain therapy normalizes the vegetative functions of the organism: the cardiovascular system works more efficiently, breathing is stimulated, muscles and joints are strengthened and the whole metabolism is positively affected.
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.