It is considered the most important Protestant church building of the Baroque period and is one of the masterpieces of European architecture. The Dresden Frauenkirche was built between 1726 and 1743 according to a design by George Bähr and was destroyed in the Second World War. After the reunification of Germany, the church was reconstructed thanks to donors from all over the world and was re-consecrated in 2005. Today, the Frauenkirche is a symbol of peace and reconciliation and probably the most famous landmark in Dresden.
Sat/Sun restricted (free tour depending on events)